Sunday, October 16, 2011

Once upon a time....

I have always wanted to do a blog, but I never got around to it.  I always talked myself out of it with excuses of not being a writer, or it takes too much time, or what if people think I am stupid, but today I am doing it.  The past year has been amazing, so I am going to start with how it started......

Once upon a time there was a boy named Raul Tapia that lived in Aguascalientes, Mexico and a girl named Rhonda who lived in Jackson, Alabama.  One day around 16 years ago Raul decided to pack his bags and head to the good ole USA.  He bid farwell to his family and started his new adventure.  Rhonda always lived in Alabama, but did pack her bags for several trips to many countries.  Fastforward to the end of the 90's and this is where the paths of Rhonda and Raul crossed.  Ranita (Raul) meets Rhonda and that is where the story begins.

April of 2010 Ranita finally decided it was time to ask me to marry him.  I who had been waiting for 12 years on him to get over his  fear of commitment was very excited to start the wedding planning.  We decided to get married on August 7,2010.  Our church Agape Iglesia Cristiana's building was too small, so our wedding took place at Green Valley Baptist Church in Hoover.  It was very important to me that both cultures were represented, so we had a bilingual wedding and Mexican food and a Mariachi band to celebrate.  I would have to say that is the day that I married my best friend.  I knew that he was God's plan for me, and we were so ready to start our new life together.  The Tapia adventure began...
.




1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your blog! Very clever and the story is charming.

    ReplyDelete