Tuesday, October 25, 2011

July 31, 2011 Ready or Not..here they come…..

They are coming today. They rolled me down and they were cutting me in no time. The first thing I heard was “Rhonda, he has a ton of hair.” Baby A (boy) was born at 8:16 and weighed 4 pounds and 7 oz. Baby B (girl) was here one minute later and weighed 2 pounds 4 oz. I quickly asked the doctors to confirm that the baby was truly a girl and she was. They babies and Ranita were taken off to the NICU while they put me back together. I was then taken back to recovery. A c-section wasn’t as bad as I had imagined it would be. They gave me my button to push every 6 minutes to deliver pain medicine, so I knew I would be good. I immediately asked if I could use my cell phone in recovery and started texting everyone and posting on facebook. After about 30 minutes, my nurse advised that I was recovering quickly and she would go ahead and let family come in and see me. My parents came in and saw me and then my sister in law and niece came in. My niece brought me some really pretty booties that she made. But I knew that none of them really wanted to see me…they wanted to see the babies. My niece and sister in law did find a crack in the blinds that they could see David and all his hair. I don’t remember much about the rest of the day, but I do remember telling my husband it was ok if he wanted to go and play in his championship soccer game. I am sure he was excited for the opportunity to go and thaw out. I am afraid I froze him out. Here are a few more pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment