Tuesday, October 25, 2011

August 1, 2011 The balloons are alive

We were able to visit our babies today. I opted not to take my pain meds during the day, because they made me feel a little weird while being in the nicu. We weren’t able to hold our babies yet, but we were there with them. Ranita would sing and talk to them. I was a little timid at first, so I let him do all the singing. They NICU staff was great and we made friends with other parents very quickly. You all have a common bond and it is good to be able to encourage each other and share stories. There was one chair (it was called the Cadillac chair) that every mom wanted. You would secretly want them to leave so you could have the chair, so you wouldn’t talk to them that much if they had the chair. Not really, well almost not really. That night I had been doing too much for that soon after my surgery, and every time the nurse walked into my room that night I was wide awake, so she talked me into taking a pain pill for that night. So I took it. Then later that night, my balloons came alive and they were trying to get me as well as the closet and small fridge. I tried to wake Ranita up and tell him, but he just told me to tell the nurse. So I didn’t want the nurse to take me to the psychiatric ward, so I just laid there telling myself..it isn’t real. I did tell the nurse the next day after all was safe, and she decided maybe that pain medicine wasn’t for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment