Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What...I ddn't hear you.....

Did I just hear that right?  I am sorry.  Could you please repeat that?  I can't believe my ears.  That was the way my conversation went with Ranita a couple of nights ago.  See if you go to a soccer game and you see a women that looks crazy while she has one leg propped on the stroller and 2 babies being fed their bottle at the same time while neither touching each other, that would be us.   I know that my husband LOVES soccer or as he calls it futbol.  He is the man that I let go 2 hours after our babies were born to go and play in the championship soccer game.  I was the wife that said that after the babies come he would need to not play on 4 teams but drop it down to 2.  I have known for 13 years that my husband loves the game of soccer.  We plan our vacations around soccer games, that is all that is on the TV when he is home. (country doesn't matter...it is a soccer game) I love that about him that he loves soccer.  See I learned early on that if I called his phone at certain times and he didn't answer he was out playing soccer somewhere.  I accepted that accepting him meant that I needed to learn to love soccer, too.  And I have.  So this is where that conversation comes in.  My husband advised that the soccer games just aren't as fun as they used to be.  He said that he would look over to the sidelines and see us and would just want to be with us.  I thought that was just a passing thought and then Monday night he had a game that the babies and I decided not to go to.  And to my amazement I got a phone call that he left halfway through the game because he just wanted to be home with us.  It is amazing what these babies do to us. 

We truly believe that they are our little gifts from God.  See we were told that I would never be able to have children, but God decided not to give us one, but two.  My heart feels like it is going to burst it feels so full of blessings right now.  First, I was given my incredible husband.  He becomes more romantic by the day and my first year with him was so much better than I could ever imagine.  I am so in love with him and each day my love for him just grows that much more.  Then along came our two little bundles of joy.  They look at me with the big brown/green eyes with such trust and love.  And the smiles I can't even explain how they make me feel.  I look forward to this new chapter in life and where God takes us.  He have given me so much more than I could ever imagine already.


Please don't judge me for letting Victoria wear one of her brothers sleepers.  It serves the purpose. :)

1 comment: