Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No matter what you say…Mommy brain is real….


They are worth every second of mommy brain.

Ok, so I used to think that women that blamed things on mommy brain was just crazy, but I see now…it is real.  It all started with my pregnancy brain when my husband banned me from the kitchen for reasons like me making a grilled cheese with the plastic still on the cheese.  I thought once the babies were born that my brain and common sense would come back.  But I am still waiting on it.  I mean it is so bad that my husband has used comments like…”where is your common sense?” or “Did you use your brain for that one?”  He isn’t being mean with these comments, they are well deserved.  I mean let’s just use this morning for an example.  So I hear David making noises, but he wasn’t crying so I decided to leave him until he was ready to get up.  I wanted to do something nice for my husband and let him sleep.  So when D started crying I quickly jumped up and ran to get him so my husband could keep sleeping and what did I find  in the den but  my husband and Victoria.  I was so confused.  I thought I left him in bed.  So I excitedly remarked that we hit a new milestone and both babies almost slept the entire night to his quick response of this is the third time he had gotten up.  Oops…I must have been in a really deep sleep.  My plan was to let him sleep and get up every time last night to which I failed.   So after putting David back down,  I decided since I didn’t pack the diaper bag the night before that I would go ahead a do it.  So I looked and looked for the shirt I wanted Victoria to wear under her dress and her pink bow.  I looked in every container, the suitcase we took on our trip, the diaper bag, the dryer and back into the room when I realized that I was looking in David’s room and her clothes and bows are not to be found in David’s room.  Many other things happened that I won’t mention now. But time had passed, and  I was ready to leave for work so I went to grab my purse, but I couldn’t find it anywhere.  I looked in places that it should never be, but I was desperate to find it.  I mean I looked in both baby beds, bassinets, closets, playroom, dryer..you name it I looked there.  I finally got my husband in on the search.  He finally said did you take it with you yesterday, and maybe it is in the car.  Ding ding ding…we have a winner.  I never took it out of the car.  So now I am ready to go to work.  I lock the door, shut it and am ready to go, only to find that I have no car keys or house key.  I mean really.  They are hanging right beside the door.  How could I miss that.  So off to ring the doorbell.  My husband had a good laugh when he realized I locked myself out of the car and home.  So insured’s..if you call today and I am not making sense.  Sorry…my brain is on vacation for the next 18 years. J

2 comments:

  1. Too funny Rhonda!!! Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl.. this is so me!! And every night before I go to bed I say.. .Lord, let me get up when F cries so Matt can sleep.. and he always does it instead... I have good intentions :) Love this sweet picture!!

    ReplyDelete