Monday, November 28, 2011

Catching Up

I have so much to be Thankful for.  When a time of change happened this year in my job and many lost their job, I was able to keep mine.  I had a great first year with my husband and we had an addition of 2 precious healthy babies to our family.  I have a great family.  My parents are so nice to keep my twins for us, so that we can keep them out of a day care while they are so small.  I have been blessed to live in the same city as my brother’s family and get to spend time with my nieces and nephews.  My sister in law is a great friend to me, too.  After my marriage, my family more than tripled in size and I am so happy to be a part of their family as well.  I love all 18 (9 couples) of my new sister and brother in laws, and I am so happy to have around 40 additional nieces and nephews.  I am thankful for Facebook to help me keep in touch and get to know that part of my family a little better. 




So our first Thanksgiving was a great day.  We went to my parents’ house and we all went to watch Ranita play soccer.  Then off to Golden Coral we went for lunch. 



I love Christmas time.  We decided a few weeks ago to take a trip to Opryland Hotel to see their Christmas decorations.  I have always wanted to go see the Rockettes, but we decided this year might not be the year for that.  We loaded up the van and our friend Laura came along for the trip.  We decided to break the trip up in case the babies didn’t enjoy traveling, so we went to Laura’s parents’ house in Huntsville for the first night.  The babies traveled fine and we were so happy about that.  The next morning we went on to Nashville and first went to the ICE exhibit.  We had fun and the babies seemed to enjoy it as well.  Then they got to meet  Santa for the first time and have their picture made.  We then took advantage of the hotel.  We rode the boat, took a carriage ride to see the outside lights and enjoyed all the Christmas decorations.  Our babies traveled so well that we decided to extend out trip a day and head back to Huntsville and take a walk in the Galaxy of Lights in Huntsville Botanical Garden's.  We had a great time and we are so glad the babies like to travel.












Roll Tide Roll.  We were very happy with the results of the Iron Bowl.  We invited our Bama friend Stacey over to watch it with us and the Garcia family (Auburn fans) came too.  I think the babies were more of a draw for them than the game.  We had a table full of football snacks as well as our Mexican snacks.  After the game, we had our second shift come in.  They had been wanting us to stop by so they could see the babies, but we never made it.  So, they decided to bring some meat and have us throw it on the grill so they could visit with the babies.  So the game crowd left, and the next 10 people came in.  Ranita pulled out the grill and cooked the meat and fixed some salsas to go with it and one of the ladies that came made some homemade tortillas. 






Roll Tide



My niece came over during the week to help get some pictures of the babies for our Christmas card.  Here are some of the photos that she got.





One thing that I love during the Christmas season is the Hallmark Christmas movies.  My husband is so sweet to tolerate some of them.  He even watched a couple over the holidays and last night the whole family (Ranita, the twins, and I ) watched one.  We popped popcorn and everything.  This will be a family tradition for us for sure.

We had lots of celebrations for the month of November.  We had birthday parties for mom and Cason.  I don’t have the pictures of Cason’s party uploaded yet, but here are a few from mom’s.  For Cason’s we went to eat pizza and came back to mom and dad’s for cake.  For mom’s, we went to Nancy’s and we each got to decorate our own cupcake.  It was fun.  David slept through the entire party.










David rolled over for the first time today without help and I wasn’t there.  But at least his father was.  Way to go David!!!
I rolled over!!
Happy for my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment