Friday, December 9, 2011

Randoms

So it is inevitable that there are times when it is time to eat when the babies are in tow.  I learned quickly that if I turn off the radio, and I start singing the babies will stop crying.  I would like to think that my singing is so pretty that they want to be quiet to listen, but I think the real reason is they are thinking if they stop crying, I will stop singing.  Regardless of the reason it works.

Yesterday someone asked me what did I have to give up since the babies came that I miss the most.  I thought for a minute and I couldn’t truly think of anything that I have given up.  I tried to come up with an answer anyway.  My first thought was sleep.  But I have found that the nights that my babies have slept the whole night (which is almost every night now), I  found other ways to give up my sleep.  Things like trying to get my Christmas cards designed, so they could be ordered and returned before Christmas.  Or getting hooked on a movie on TV when I should have never even turned on the TV that late.  So, nope not an answer.  Next thought…going to the movies.  But no, we had already started giving them up before I got pregnant due to trying to watch our budget better.   However, we have been blessed to have people that ask to keep the babies for us to go to a movie, so we have actually been to 2 movies already.  So nope not the answer.  If we want to go somewhere, we just pack up the babies and we go. In our lives, we don’t really go to places that isn’t kid friendly.  So my answer has to be that I haven’t given up anything for the babies, but gained a ton.


So Christmas decorating is a little harder this year.  I have started and hopefully by Christmas I will finish.  We started about week before Thanksgiving.  We put our tree up, but didn’t turn on the lights, because we wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving.  But then we realized that the babies like to look at the lights, so we turned on the lights, but made sure we kept all curtains closed.  What would the neighbors think. J And let  me just add that the week we put up the tree, we had 6 surprise visits from people.  They all had their comments, but my response was you don’t have twin babies.  We do what we can, when we can.  So Thanksgiving night I proudly opened my blinds.  The day after Thanksgiving I headed to the store at 6 am to purchase the tree I wanted for Victoria’s room.  It wasn’t because it was on sale or anything like that.  I just never could find the time to go and get it, so I braved the black Friday crowds.  I wanted to go first thing because I didn’t want them to sale out.  My husband told me he didn’t think there would be a run on pink trees, but I didn’t want to take the chance.  So on that Friday I finished Victoria’s tree and David’s tree.  That afternoon we put the wreath up outside and over the next week, we slowly got the lights on the bushes and finished the outside.  The stockings were hung on that Saturday.  Now, I do have a small skinny tree that goes in the kitchen that I hang all my ornaments from Mexico on.  It is a slow progress.  When it made is way down from the attic it was covered in insulation.  It took me a few days to get all the insulation off.  (still wondering why the box was open in the first place) Then I realized the top of the tree was missing.  So I am hoping this weekend to either find the top or creatively figure a way to disguise it.  Then there is the Nativity scene.  It hasn’t even started making an appearance out of the closet.  But in Mexico you are supposed to put it out on December 16, add baby Jesus on Christmas and then add the wise men on January 5.  So we will pretend that is what I am doing.  And yes, if you come to my house after New Year’s, my tree will still be up.  We are going to celebrate Dia de Reyes which is when the kids put out a shoe with hay.  The hay is for the camels and the three kings bring a gift that night to replace the hay. Even though it is hard to find time to decorate, it is something that I will always do. They babies love the lights as well as their mom.  Their father loves them to, but he will never actually admit it.  Here are a few pictures.

Victoria's Tree

Victoria's special ornament

David's Tree

David's special ornament


Family ornament.  Thanks to Caley





Adopt a Table-the Foundry

No comments:

Post a Comment