Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Daddy Time

So Ranita didn't get to come home for the weekend a couple of weeks ago, so we decided to pack up and go see him.  I explained to the babies that we were going to see daddy, and that they needed to be really good on the drive down.  So how were two 6 month old babies on a 4 1/2 hour drive you ask....... perfect.  I didn't hear a sound out of them.  Every once in a while I would hear their toys make a sound, but nothing from the babies.  We got to where Ranita is staying and when he came out the babies were so excited.  They started trying to jump out of their car seats.  We decided to reward them with lots of hugs and kisses from daddy and then some food.  My husband was supposed to have to work on Saturday, but found out about 30 minutes before I got there that due to Mardi Gras, they would not be able to work on Saturday.  So, we decided we would drive down to the beach.  I informed my husband that it was supposed to be bad weather on Saturday, so the beach wasn't the best place to be.  We decided to drive down that night anyway.  So we packed the babies back up in their car seats and headed to Gulf Shores.  I was shocked that they were willing to go for another ride.  We went to eat at the beach, and decided maybe we should find a place to stay.  We pulled up the weather and decided we needed a place with an indoor pool, microwave and fridge in the room so that we wouldn't have to leave the hotel on Saturday.  So we found a hotel in Foley.  It was great.  The staff was so nice.  We loaded up with snacks and microwave meals from Wal-mart and headed to the room.  The next morning, the rain was a little slower coming than they had thought, so we decided to head across the street to the Carter's outlet.  There was a huge sale, but we were only going for some sunglasses for their Easter Baskets.  We were in the perfect place for the Mardi Gras parade at our hotel, but the rain came and the parade was cancelled.  So back to the hotel we went.  We dressed the babies and off to the pool we headed.  The water was very relaxing for the babies and after the first swim, before I even got Victoria's towel wrapped around her, she was asleep.  So our pattern for the day was swim then sleep and repeat.  Here are some pictures from our trip.
Eating at Crab Trap

Hanging with Daddy

I want to go there daddy



Ready to swim

Time to nap

Ready to swim again

"My sister taste good!"

Swimming wears us out

The next weekend, Ranita didn't get to come home.  So we made some signs for daddy and some Thank You cards for some other people. 


On break....




Finished products



Card making wore me out

me, too.



Saturday night I found out that Ranita's boss was going to stop by my house Sunday afternoon to pick up a few things that Ranita wanted from home.  So, I got up early Sunday morning and made a Pineapple Cake and Povolones Mexican cookies.  David and Victoria were good sports to sit and watch me bake.  I had to work childcare at Church and I was so proud.  I did my baking, bathed and dressed D and V and myself and got us all to Church..not just on time...but early.  It was a miracle!





We try to send pictures or talk to Ranita on the phone daily.  They get so happy when they hear his voice.  One of the pictures Ranita got this week was a photo of the new outfit I found for David that I knew Ranita (and Granddaddy) would like.


Roll Tide

Listening to daddy on the phone

1 comment:

  1. Such sweet pictures!! Loves these of them in their swimsuits. Precious!! Sorry I backed out on the nursery duty with you. So sorry!!

    ReplyDelete