Monday, July 22, 2013

New Orleans Bound-April 19-22

We saw a Living Social deal that we just couldn't pass up.  My husband and I love to horseback ride.  We saw a deal at a bed and breakfast that included horseback riding.  We just couldn't resist.  Now, I thought this would be a great weekend with just me and my husband, but we decided that this could be a fun family trip.  So we scheduled an extra night in New Orleans and invited our baby sitter to come along.  I was the only one out of the group that had been to New Orleans before, so first stop was the French Quarter.  I had scheduled a Carriage ride around the city, because my husband loves to hear the history of places.  Afterwards, we found somewhere to eat, walked down the Riverwalk and headed back to the hotel.  It was after 10 by this time and the babies were being really good sports.  We didn't want to push our luck.

My husband took the riverwalk photos.  I will have to get them from him.

The next day we were going to go to Cafe Du Monde, but it was so busy and crowded we decided to go back later, but that never happened.  It was raining and very windy so we wrapped up the babies and went to the French Market, walked down bourbon street, and ended our trip in New Orleans at the aquarium.  I was all about the deals on this trip.  Our hotel came with the aquarium tickets.  We decided to grab a bite to eat in the French Market.  Ranita and Jayme decided to try gator burgers.  I stuck with the boring ole Baked Potato.  









We got to the bed and breakfast and D and V were so excited to see the horses, chickens, cats and dogs.  They went straight for the horses.  The next day my husband and I got to go for a morning horseback ride.  That afternoon we went to a wild life center.  D and V loved feeding the animals.  I think daddy had just as much fun.  The next day we decided to make a side trip by the beach.  We checked into our hotel, went down to the beach for a minute, went to the indoor pool and ordered pizza.  We noticed that David was not acting happy at the pool.  While he was eating pizza, he started shivering.  I didn't take anything to check his fever, but he felt hot, so I gave tylenol and we packed up and headed home.  When we got home, David had a fever of 106 after a round of tylenol and advil.  We called the dr and we ended our night at children's.  David had an ear infection.  Glad that was all it was.














No comments:

Post a Comment