Tuesday, April 3, 2012

David's "Surprise" First Haircut

So Ranita was home from Mobile for a few days.  I love when he is home, and I always hate the day that is goes back.  I tend to be in a bad mood for a few days, because they never have a set time to go back and I get ready for him to leave that day and they decide to go the next day.  Don't get me wrong..I am happy it is the next day, I just hate the not knowing when he is leaving.  Except this one day....I was at work and around lunch time I get this picture that says, "Do you like his haircut?"  I was looking at the picture thinking...this has to be a joke.  But it was not a joke.  Now for several weeks we had talked about cutting David's hair.  Dad and Stacey both threatened to do it, but I explained to them that I wanted Ranita to be home and we would take pictures because the first haircut is a big deal.  Now several times while Ranita was home we would plan to cut David's hair, and for some reason or another would put it off.  I wasn't too upset to put it off.  After all, he is growing up way too fast.  Let me remind you that we had several conversations about David's first haircut.  See, I have my cosmetologist license.  I used to cut hair.  I know what to do. My husband tried to cut my hair one time and let's just say it didn't go so well.  So, I am not sure what happened that made my husband think he should be the one to cut D's hair.  But my husband likes the haircut, (me not so much...it is way to short and uneven, but again too short to try to fix it).  I know, it is just hair and it will grow back.  I gave my husband a very hard time.  He thought he was doing something nice, but I explained that he is not to cut either babies hair ever again and that any "first" are important for me to be a part of.  He says he understood, so I decided he could sleep in the house instead of the dog house, but it was a close one.  I did tell him that I was going to make sure that everyone knew that I didn't cut it, because I don't want them to think I would do this to my little boy.  Did I mention that my husband continues to say that he loves it.  I think that is just him trying to pretend it looks good.  Well, I will share a picture and you can make your own decision.  Just know that it is not what I wanted for David.
View photo.JPG in slide show

No comments:

Post a Comment