Saturday, January 28, 2012

Make a Joyful noise…

The most beautiful thing happened the other day when Ranita and I were coming home with the babies.  It was past time for them to eat, so they were a little fussy.  I have learned that when they are bored, fussy, or just about anytime they love for me to sing.  I am not surprised.  We sang to them in the womb, in the NICU, and basically all the time.  So this particular day, D was hungry and getting fussy.  Not really crying, but “telling” us that he was not happy with our decision to leave grandmommy and granddaddies house without feeding them first.  Let me just add, he tries to talk all day long.  He will get so tickled at whatever he is saying that he will start laughing out loud.  If only I knew what he was talking about. But back to our car ride home. We tried to reason with him why it was better to go home first, but it just wasn’t working.  So, I began to sing.  An then that moment came when his fussiness changed over to it sounding as if he was trying to sing along.  It was beautiful.  Ranita and I listened in awe because it really sounded as if he was trying to sing along with me.  We decided that it probably just sounded that way and that wasn’t really it.  Then that night, D has some stomach cramps which made him get up off and on all night long.  He would sleep about 30 minutes at a time.  Ranita and I took turns getting up with him.   I was holding him, rubbing is belly and singing to him.  He was screaming in pain during this  episodes.  I so wished I could change places with him, because it was breaking my heart.  But then it happened again.  He stopped screaming, gave me a little smile and started singing along with me.  It was amazing.   I was so thankful for that special moment with my son.  I just held him and sang a little longer than I had planned.  Then I went to bed.  30 minutes later it started all over so….…I pushed Ranita out of the bed and told him it was his turn to experience one of the most beautiful moments I have ever had.  I didn’t want him to miss out after all.   

1 comment:

  1. Look at those sweet faces. Poor David's little tummy. Fulton missed his friends in the nursery this morning. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete